- Location: Prague
- Sector: Accounting and Financial Services
- Level of position Specialist
- Nikola Koníčková
As Finance Analyst, you will be providing support to General Director in the finance related areas. You will be responsible mainly for analysis and reporting on the financial data, maintenance of the internal finance policies and cooperation with the accounting provider. You will be part of growing organization and you will have a great opportunity to develop and improve the finance processes to support the MSF SITS needs.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Analyse current and past financial data and performance
- Prepare monthly reporting to the International Office
- Prepare monthly reporting on financial performance for SITS management team and provide initial comments/explanations on deviations
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvements
- Provide reports to support performance management related to SLAs and KPIs
- Maintain cost recovery model
- Prepare supporting documentation for intercompany billing
- Maintain the internal finance guidelines
- Ensure compliance with internal MSF policies and standards
- Monitor financial risks
- Perform and coordinate year-end closing activities and activities related to local audit
- Prepare reporting package for consolidation of financial statements based on SWISS GAAP
- Prepare and monitor the budget, perform activities related to financial planning
- Cooperate on regular basis with the accounting provider, including
o Preparation and submission of accounts payable documentation (e.g. purchase order, vendor’s invoice, reports)
o Submission of intercompany billing documentation
o Request for posting of accounting transactions (e.g. accruals, provisions and fixed assets)
o Review of payment file and submission for approval to General Director
o Review of general ledger
- Maintain the evidence of fixed assets
- Manage petty cash
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work
Not interested in this job offer? We can find you another interesting offer. Just send us your CV.Upload your CV
- Minimum 2 years of corporate finance or other relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, formulas and advanced functions)
- Strong experience in MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of concepts of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and how they interrelate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, research analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in identifying and meeting business needs
- Fluent in English and Czech
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Knowledge of CAS and SWISS GAAP accounting standards
About our client
In May 1968, a group of young doctors decided to go and help victims of wars and major disasters. This new brand of humanitarianism would reinvent the concept of emergency aid. They were to become Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), known internationally in English as Doctors Without Borders.
Since 1980, MSF has opened offices in 28 countries and employs more than 30,000 people across the world. Since its founding, MSF has treated over a hundred million patients—with 8.25 million outpatient consultations being carried out in 2014 alone. MSF has also maintained its institutional and financial independence, and the organization has continued to be critical of both itself and the broader aid system when appropriate, all in the name of trying to help direct more effective and timely aid to those who need it most.
Nowadays MSF is an international collaboration of 21 sections, 12 branches, 5 Operational Centers and three supply centers worldwide. There are as many IT departments and they all together support over 17,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and mainly improve end user experience MSF has decided for a revolutionary step to build its own Shared IT Service Center in Prague.
Information about selection process
Do you know anyone who would be interested in this position?
Please let us know in our referral program.