- Location: Prague
- Type: full-time
- Sector: IT and Telecommunication
- Level of position Specialist
- Jitka Koudelková
- +420 606 733 672
You have a unique opportunity to be a part of this implementation journey. As an IT Solution Architect you are responsible for providing architectural, technical, business expertise, and leadership to cross-disciplinary groups consisting of MSF’s application teams, specialists, business leaders, and IT management. The architect facilitates the approach and/or design of workflows and associated application(s) in the fulfillment of an IT request to resolve a given MSF process challenge(s). The solution should look for best interest of long term support and functionality for the Movement. Regardless of the building blocks associated with the solution the architect is responsible for ensuring solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution area(s)
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define functional requirements for complex systems (including interfaces) and infrastructure development
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Ensure that proposed and existing solution architectures are aligned with MSF’s organizational goals and objectives
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts, Application/Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and potential software development teams
- Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into a solution design document that includes all layers; Hardware/Infra, Security, End User, Information, Integration and application/software
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in solutions architecture, including work done (with analysts) to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Understand and stay in touch with market landscape for new solution insights, direction, vendors and methods
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables and methodologies
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work
Not interested in this job offer? We can find you another interesting offer. Just send us your CV.Upload your CV
- Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences, or Business Management with IT components, or equivalent experience
- ITIL certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience as an analyst, lead, or equivalent position is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a team environment and an ability to work independently with little oversight is required
- Knowledge and experience in sizing and estimating architecture and development efforts is required
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience in Solutions Architecture strongly preferred
- Experience analysing complex IT systems, requirements, processes, and environments preferred
- Designing, delivering systems/ solution architectures for large complex business problems (enterprise scale) is desired
- Experience with use of tools to capture and track status and adherence to the Solution Architecture
- Experience with bridging functional areas with IT support services
- Experience with MSF or another large international NGO is considered a plus
- Experience with working in international environments with cultural diversity
- Strong leadership, collaboration, interpersonal, and customer facing skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint required.
- English is a must, French is a plus
- Experience in relevant IT domains or business domains
- Experienced in assessing business benefits, costs, and risks on multiple types of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication, research analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel (mainly Europe)
About our client
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organization was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 42,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 17,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has decided to build its own Shared IT Services centre in Prague.
Information about selection process
Do you know anyone who would be interested in this position?
Please let us know in our referral program.