- Location: Prague
- Level of position Specialist
- Iuliana Orjanu
You have a unique opportunity to be a part of this implementation journey. As an IT System Administrator – OpenERP/Unifield will need to be hands-on to manage and monitor MSF’s OpenERP system related technologies. MSF has adapted OpenERP and rebranded it internally as Unifield, the ERP system used in the field missions. It is deployed locally and synchronizes frequently with their databases in Europe. You will maintain and monitor the connections between field and Europe. For this you will be asked to get involved with the integration/consolidation if needed. This position will report initially to the Service Delivery Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively monitor and manage windows server environment for the MSF Unifield server instances in the Field and MSF Head Quarters.
- Pro-actively take measurements to prevent events from happening by executing planned maintenance.
- Monitors ticket queue, responds to daily system events, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves hardware and software problems.
- Act on daily events within specific timeframes set
- Ensure reporting of events is up to date
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Collaborate with other MSF staff, including networking, security, and other IT teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services.
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work
Not interested in this job offer? We can find you another interesting offer. Just send us your CV.Upload your CV
- 1-3 years of IT experience as an analyst, or equivalent position is required.
- Knowledge of distributed windows server environment and enterprise networks (IP plan, router management, SAN, NAS).
- Experience with ERP systems: technical support or database management
- Ability to communicate in word and writing in good English
- Be able to relate to other technologies and their position within the global MSF IT landscape.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and customer facing skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint required.
- English on communicative level is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, or Business Management with IT components, or equivalent experience.
- No travelling to other MSF HQ or Field locations is required.
About our client
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organization was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 42,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 17,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has decided to build its own Shared IT Services centre in Prague.
Information about selection process
Do you know anyone who would be interested in this position?
Please let us know in our referral program.